Saturday 15 December 2012

Late Afternoon



Latest image with this fantastic camera.

I went out last Sunday with low expectations as the weather wasn't great, and the spectacular sunsets of the past few days seemed very unlikely.

I ended up going to one of my favourite places along Penny Pot Lane, on the outskirts of Harrogate. I love the windfarm there (although its not popular with the locals!) and the view across to Menwith Hill. This location is better in the mornings, and I was determined to try and get a different image from what I have in the past.

I saw this tree silhouetted against the horizon, and as I wandered down the bridlepath, the tree suddenly lined up with the gate opening, and I could see my image. I only have the 35mm lens at the moment (18-55 is on order), so it was necessary to crop this image as I couldn't get any closer. I haven't changed any colours, the sun is just cropped out on the left hand side, and gave off the golden glow.



No comments:

Post a Comment