Wednesday 10 December 2014

Autumn Colour

I've been meaning to take images in the local wood for a while now, but never really got around to it. Hookstone Wood is only 5 minutes from my house, and was once part of the ancient Forest of Knaresborough. Now a Local Nature Reserve and designated ‘town green’, it has ponds (formed from old quarries) and plenty of wildlife.


I've never found it particularly photogenic, but also haven't spend any time exploring the possibilities. Given that the advice from the professionals is is "know your own patch" and be ready to take advantage of any conditions, I decided to begin what I expect to be an ongoing project to capture the woods throughout the year.
I've now spent 3 Saturday afternoons wandering about, and I'm very happy with the results so far!
All images taken with the XPro1, most with the 10-24mm lens and using a Manfrotto tripod.
















No comments:

Post a Comment